Daniel A. Sumner
Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of California, Davis
University of California Agricultural Issues Center, Director
Daniel A. Sumner is the Director of the University of California Agricultural Issues Center and the Frank H. Buck, Jr. Professor, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, UC, Davis where he teaches and conducts research and outreach on agricultural economics and policy. Before coming to the University in 1993, Sumner was Assistant Secretary for Economics at USDA.
- Selected Publications:
- Outreach pubs:
- Matthews, William and Daniel A. Sumner. “California International
Agricultural Exports in 2007” (AIC Issues Brief #35, December 2008.
- Antoine Champetier de Ribes and Daniel A. Sumner. “Agricultural
Conservation and the 2007 Farm Bill: A California Perspective.” AIC Farm
Bill Brief, No.6 (July 2007).
- Kaush Arha, Tim Josling, Daniel A. Sumner, and Barton H. Thompson. Editors, U.S. Agricultural Policy and The 2007 Farm Bill. Stanford, California: Stanford University’s Woods Institute for the Environment, 2007.
- Professional Journal Articles:
- Daniel A. Sumner, Julian M. Alston, and Joseph W. Glauber. “Evolution of the Economics of Agricultural Policy.” American Journal Agricultural Economics 92 2 (May 2010): 403-423.
- Daniel A. Sumner. "Recent Commodity Price Movements in Historical
Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics 91 5 (December
- Barbara Farinelli, Colin A. Carter, C.-Y. Cynthia Lin, Daniel A. Sumner,
“Import demand for Brazilian ethanol: a cross-country analysis,” Journal
of Cleaner Production, 17, Supplement 1, (November 2009):S9-S17.
- Byeong-il Ahn and Daniel A. Sumner. “Political Market Power Reflected in
Milk Pricing Regulations.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 91
3 (August 2009):723-37.
- Julian M. Alston, Daniel A. Sumner, Stephen A. Vosti. “Farm subsidies and
obesity in the United States: National evidence and international
comparisons.” Food Policy. 33 6 (December 2008):470-47.